We have 3 extensions that can help you control the visibility of a meta box for a certain post/page:
That might be confused as you don't know which extension is the right choice for you. So the main difference between them is the following: Meta Box Include Exclude hides meta boxes by PHP, meaning:
- Meta boxes are removed completely from the editing screen, no HTML markup is outputted at all
- Since meta boxes are removed completely, there are no inputs at all and thus, there are no meta values are saved at all
- There is no way to show the meta boxes again unless reloading the page
- The HTML of meta boxes are outputted, inputs are only hidden and the meta values are submitted when saving post and are saved in the database
- You can show them without reloading the page
The Meta Box Conditional Logic differs from Show Hide: it has more advanced options which allows you to show/hide not only meta boxes but also fields and specific HTML elements. The Show/Hide extension can show/hide only meta boxes. Besides, the number of conditions in Conditional Logic are more than Show/Hide extension (greater, less than, not equal, etc.).